MENU

February 12, 2018

My Favorite Podcasts

As you may or may not know, I really enjoy podcasts and because I have a decent commute to and from work I have a lot of time to listen to them. So I thought that I'd share my current favorite podcasts, as well as my OG favorites.

Take away a pocket full of science knowledge and some insane stories about what fuels these professional ologists' obsessions. Hosted by humorist and science correspondent Alie Ward.
Ologies is hands down my favorite new podcast. Alie (Whom I'm a big fan of from Slumber Party with Alie & Georgia) teased this podcast forever before it dropped and it was so worth the wait. In each episode Alie talks to a different ologist about their field of study and it is so fucking fascinating. She has managed to make me interested in things like Horology (Which was the answer to a question on HQ the other day) and has made me want to study Thanatology (Like I took an introductory webinar on it from the Art of Dying Institute in December). It is just so captivating and funny, and I honestly look forward to each new episode.

•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •

Comedian and self-proclaimed "beauty passionista" Jackie Johnson attempts to take the seriousness, mysteries, and intimidation out of makeup and skincare as she gabs with fellow artists about what beauty and self-care means to them. 
This podcast is vegan and cruelty-free.
Those of you that have been here for awhile know that I love love love makeup and all things beauty, so when I first heard an ad for Natch Beau while listening to My Favorite Murder I knew I had to give this podcast a try. Especially because I fell in love with Jackie Johnson after listening to her on an episode of Slumber Party with Alie & Georgia forever ago.


Natch Beau is the perfect combination of beauty talk and comedy, which are two things that I enjoy very much so. And don't let the name or description above dissuade you, even though Jackie is a vegan she isn't an obnoxious vegan. It's just a super fun podcast that doesn't take itself too seriously.

•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •

Deadly Manners is a 10 episode, dark comedy murder-mystery series set in the winter of 1954. It follows the events during the night of the affluent Billings family annual dinner party with their distinguished, eccentric guests. However, all is not fun and games as shortly after the party starts, a snowstorm begins to rage outside, trapping all the partygoers inside their host’s mansion. When a murderer starts killing off those in attendance, the guests must figure out who is responsible, or at least how to stay alive -- lest they be next. Deadly Manners was created by Ali Garfinkel and Alex Aldea. Deadly Manners stars Kristen Bell, Denis O'Hare, Alisha Boe, RuPaul, Anna Chlumsky, Timothy Simons, Michelle Visage, Alona Tal, David Cummings and is narrated by LeVar Burton.
When I heard RuPaul and Michelle Visage talk about Deadly Manners on their podcast, RuPaul: What's The Tee with Michelle Visage,  I had to give it a shot even though I don't typically listen to fiction. And I'm so glad I did because this podcast was so much fun. The story was intriguing, the actors where amazing and I couldn't wait for each week's installment.

•   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •   •

Some of my other favorites that I've mentioned before:
 Do you have a favorite podcast or a recommendation for me? Lemme know!

* There are no new episodes of these podcasts, but I still think you should give their back catalog a listen

No comments :

Post a Comment