MENU

December 3, 2017

Sunday Steal

1. Do You Prefer Hardcover, Paperback Or Kindle... And Why?  
In terms of just reading a book, I don't care as long as it's a physical book (I hate e-readers, yet I'm okay with audio books only because of my commute). But if I'm purchasing a book, which I don't do often, I prefer it to be a hardcover if possible.

2. If I Were To Own A Book Shop I Would Call It...  
Hmm... You'd think that as a librarian I'd have a dream name for a book shop but I don't. If I did someday own a book shop it would have to have the word 'librarian' in it for sure. Maybe The Librarian's Book Den or something like that...

3. My Favorite Quote From A Book (Mention The Title) Is... 
"Hysteria is impossible without an audience. Panicking by yourself is the same as laughing alone in an empty room. You feel really silly."
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
4. The Author (Alive Or Dead) I Would Love To Have Lunch With Would Be...  
Hmm... I would be down for a nice lunch with Edgar Allen Poe, Stephen King and Chuck Palahniuk.

5. If I Was Going To A Deserted Island And Could Only Bring One Book, Except For The SAS Survival Guide, It Would Be...  
Thankfully I have a pretty active imagination, so I could probably just bring something like "14,000 Things To Be Happy About" by Barbara Ann Kipfer or something like that with lists.

6. I Would Love Someone To Invent A Bookish Gadget That...  
I don't need bookish gadgets. Just give me a normal ass book.

7. The Smell Of An Old Book Reminds Me Of... 
Work... I'm a librarian... What else did you expect my answer to be.

Oh, and FYI the glue used on new books smells like baby vomit. True story.

8. If I Could Be The Lead Character In A Book (Mention The Title), It Would Be...
Hmm.. I don't have a specific title that I'd want to be the main character in but probably some travel adventure mystical comedy type book, because that is basically my life anyways.

9. The Most Overrated Book Of All Time Is...
This is a very subjective question... That being said I fucking hate "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger, as well as "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding.

10. I Hate It When A Book...
Sucks... Is damaged...

No comments :

Post a Comment