MENU

February 20, 2016

Cookin' Librarian | Lobster & Shrimp Pot Pie...

Since posting the picture of the Valentine's Day meal I made for myself and Justin, I've had a lot of people ask me how I made it. So I thought I'd just do a quick post with the recipe.

Unfortunately like 99% of the things I cook there is no exact recipe because I eyeball everything. But here is a rough recipe for all of you...

• Lobster Tails • Jumbo Shrimp • Carrots • Celery • Onion • Shallots • Garlic • Potatoes •
• Seafood Stock • Heavy Cream • Tarragon • Chives • Puff Pastry • Flour • Egg •

Instructions
• Preheat oven to 375°.
• Clean and devein the shrimp and lobster tails. Set aside.
• Mince three cloves of garlic and a whole shallot.
• Chop the carrots, celery, onion and potatoes into bit size pieces.
• Saute the carrots, celery, onion, shallot and garlic in a pot.
• In a separate pot, boil the chopped potatoes until fork tender and drain. Set aside.
• Add seafood stock to the pot with the sauteed vegetables. Bring to a boil.
• Add in the potatoes that were set aside, as well as the heavy cream.
• Chop the tarragon and chives, then add to the mixture in the pot.
• Take a ladle full of the hot liquid and whisk in two tablespoons of flour to make a slurry.
• Pour the slurry into the boiling pot and let boil for a couple of minutes until thick.
• Add lobster and shrimp meat. Stir.
• Take the mixture and ladle into ramekins.
• Cut puff pastry into squares. Put two pieces on top of each ramekin. Score with a knife, then egg wash.
• Place ramekins on top of a baking sheet. Place in oven and bake until the puff pastry is golden brown.
• Let sit for five minutes once out of the oven.
• Garnish with chives and enjoy!

Optional Step
Take the shells from the lobster and shrimp, as well as the bits of vegetables and put them in a pot with just enough water to cover them and boil for thirty or so minutes to make your own broth -- Which is what I did.

If you try out my recipe lemme know!

No comments :

Post a Comment