MENU

January 5, 2016

Road Trip To Vermont | "Favorite Page #1's" Wedding & Some Ice Cream...

As I mentioned in my little New Years Eve post, I was traveling to Vermont this past weekend to attend "Favorite Page #1's" wedding. So here is how that and my first weekend of 2016 went...

On new year's day I was woken up by a phone call from my sister telling me that she had been sitting outside of my apartment for ten minutes because I did not wake up to her five text messages. So I threw on some clothes, let her in and proceeded to make us a little breakfast before we packed up my car and jumped in to begin the drive from Long Island to Vermont.

Despite being a six and a half hour drive, it went relatively quickly. My sister and I spent the majority of the time singing, car dancing, snacking and Snapchatting.
Once we made it to our hotel in Burlington, we checked in and immediately jumped into the bed (I was being cheap and got us a room with a king size bed instead of multiple beds) to relax a little bit before having to get ready for the rehearsal dinner.

At the rehearsal dinner my sister and I sat with "Favorite Page #1's" family, as well as the bridesmaids and we had a lovely time. It was such a nice pre-wedding get together.

After dinner we went straight back to the hotel just to chill because we knew that we'd have to be up early the next day so I could go help the bride get ready for her big day.

Fast forward to the next day... My sister and I wake up before 6:00AM to shower and gather all of our things before heading over to the wedding venue where we met the bride and bridesmaids for wedding morning breakfast and primping.

As one of her gifts, I did "Favorite Page #1's" makeup for her big day and told her to let me know whatever else she wanted me to do because she was amazing and did so much for me on my wedding day.
So I helped her and some of the other girls get ready. Then my sister and I hung out with them until it was time for us to be seated right before the ceremony.

The wedding started at 11:00AM and went until a little bit before 4:00PM. Everything about the wedding was beautiful and sweet just like "Favorite Page #1" is.
After the wedding my sister and I headed back to the hotel to change out of our dresses and relax a little before heading into downtown Burlington to wander around and grab something to eat.

We ended up at The Farmhouse Tap & Grill for a nice cheese filled dinner, which prompted us to ask the waitress where we should go to pick up some good Vermont cheese. She pointed us just down the block to City Market/Onion River Co-Op.

While at City Market/Onion River Co-Op I picked up a couple of different cheese, maple syrup and some other goodies made in Vermont. Then we wandered up and down Church Street Market Place before heading back to the hotel and packing up our bags.

The next day we left the hotel around 9:30AM so that we could hit up the Ben & Jerry's Factory as soon as it opened. We went on the little half an hour tour that they offer, ate a scoop of free ice cream (It was Salted Caramel Blondie, which is Salted Caramel Core in the pints, for anyone wondering) and walked up a snowy hill to check out the Flavor Graveyard before really driving back to Long Island.
The drive back was pretty much the same as the drive up with the exceptions of that it took a little longer and we stopped at a Cracker Barrel (There are no Cracker Barrels on or near Long Island, so whenever we see one we stop and eat at it because we love them) for some food.

So yeah, that was my first weekend of 2016. I took a nice road trip with my sister (We didn't fight at all) and I got to be apart of the union of two people I care dearly about. It was a great way to start off the year.

No comments :

Post a Comment