MENU

April 27, 2015

50 Random Facts About Me...

  1. If you speak to me in Spanish I'll answer you in English, not because I'm trying to be disrespectful but because I can understand what you're saying but I can't necessarily think of the words in Spanish to answer you quick enough.
  2. I want to go back to school and get a PHD in Library Science.
  3. As a child I swallowed one of my teeth after biting into a crunchy taco.
  4. Whenever I'm sleeping alone in the apartment because Justin is on vacation, I lock our bedroom door.
  5. I want to try kombucha but I'm a little afraid of it.
  6. I found twenty dollars on the floor yesterday while I was shopping at TJ Maxx.
  7. I don't actually read read all of the cookbooks I put on hold at the library, I skim through them for ideas but never really actually read any recipes.
  8. My favorite Nintendo game is Super Mario Bros. 2 (1988)
  9. I have trouble sleeping because my brain is constantly going and thinking about randomness.
  10. I prefer limes over lemons.
  11. Since I dyed my hair purple back in October I've gone through five different brands of purple hair dye to find my favorite shade, which is Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids in violet. 
  12. Justin and I have a big decorative glass vase filled with beer caps in our kitchen. 
  13. I collect gold Kate Spade "This Is The Year To..." Idiom Bangles.
  14. Sailor Moon is my favorite cartoon.
  15. My favorite drink at Starbucks is a Caramel Apple Spice with extra caramel & whipped cream.
  16. I tell people I married Justin for his dental insurance.
  17. My mother tells me I'm a jerk for telling people #16.
  18. Back when I was in college and UGGs® were becoming a thing, I was totally anti-UGG® but something happened to my inner UGG® hater over the years and now I own five pairs.
  19. I owe my soul to Salle Mae or whatever it's called now.
  20. I'm planning on getting matching tattoos with my sister and my cousin Yvette in memory of our Abuela who passed away ten years ago this coming December.
  21. I suffer from having a guilty conscience because I tend to blurt what I'm thinking out, so I always think I'm in trouble -- Thankfully the majority of the time I'm not.
  22. There are always snacks hidden in or under my desk at work.
  23. I hate blueberries.
  24. If I have to buy pens I will only buy BIC Cristal Ballpoint Pens
  25. I have driven over five hours just to go to a restaurant, eat and drive back another five hours.
  26. Phil and I have already picked out a handful of adventures to go on this summer. 
  27. My favorite dessert is cherry cheesecake.
  28. I have a half-sister. I like her but my sister doesn't really care for her.
  29. I carry a selenite palm stone with me to hold when I get frustrated because it calms me down. 
  30. I'm not really a fan of wine.
  31. The post graduate courses I'm currently taking are for me to earn my Directors certificate. So hopefully one day I'll run the library.
  32. I make super yummy French bread from scratch.
  33. My 1998 Saturn was a high school graduation gift from my father back in 2003 and I put over 100,000 miles on it by the time I got rid of her.
  34. You will never see me wear the same dress to more than one wedding. Which is ridiculous and expensive but I can't bring myself to do it.
  35. Nicole and I have to pretend we aren't as good of friends as we are at work because we're afraid "Julia" or someone else will try to get us in trouble.
  36. I am obsessed with making Straw Planes and throwing them all over the library.
  37. When I got married I hyphenated my last name but no one will call me by it. They either call me by my maiden name or Justin's last name.
  38. I remember things to a fault. 
  39. My favorite lottery scratch off game is Bingo Doubler and I have a $10 winner sitting on my desk that I need to cash in. 
  40. Erin and I understand what the other one is thinking just by looking at each other.
  41. I refuse to Facebook friend 98% of the library staff because I don't trust them. 
  42. I was born about two weeks late.
  43. I take my coffee light and sweet. 
  44. My college friends call me Latin Fire.
  45. I don't smoke but I always carry a lighter around with me.
  46. "Julia" get paid almost $10,000 more than me a year and I do double the work, which is just one of the many reasons I hate her.
  47. My favorite scent combination is roses and grapefruit but I cannot find a perfume that smells like it aside from Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose, which is expensive and doesn't last long.
  48. All of the stickers you see on my desk in my "From The Hold Shelf (Or What I'm About To Read)" posts are not on the actual desk but pieces of cardboard from book shipments and I have them there because when I first started I needed something I could paint on and it and has just turned into that jumbled mess of drawings, stickers from books, paint, etc. over the years.
  49.  I cannot keep a house plant alive for the life of me.
  50. I don't share my crayons, even to this day.

2 comments :

  1. These are fun facts! I always like reading these kinds of posts. Very interesting about your half-sister. Do the two of you see each other often?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so!

      We don't. She lives in Florida. So I get the occasional text, Facebook message or what have you. Unfortunately she grew up not knowing our father because her mother is an evil woman who got pregnant on purpose and never told my dad. He found out from a mutual friend years later, her mom didn't want my dad involved, so we didn't meet her until like 2009. But she and my father didn't get along because they are so much a like, so they don't deal with each other. It's a long weird complicated story.

      Delete